[lug] Linux education/classes

Crawford Rainwater rainwac at attglobal.net
Tue Apr 10 09:16:46 MDT 2001

Hello there folks,

Sort of being new to the LUGs (and not looking through the
archives yet on this either), I was wondering people's
thoughts towards classes, education, and/or certification
(LCA, LPI, RHCE...) in Linux?

More along the lines, if there were classes in the
area, would people be interested in taking them (say
along the lines of the SAIR/GNU LCA route since it seems
to be general Linux (non-distribution specific) and
covers the "basics")?

Feel free to post to the group or to me directly on
this one.  I am just surveying the scene some at the
moment to get an idea here.  This is not meant to start
a flame war on being or getting certified vs. not either
so please keep those thoughts in mind.  Again, just more
surveying and general curiosity on my part.

Thanks in advance.

--- Crawford
rainwac at attglobal.net