[lug] help with mp3 encoding

Hugh Brown hugh at vecna.com
Wed May 16 06:16:53 MDT 2001

I've  typically used cdparanoia and bladeenc and I have had no problems.
If your hardware is suspect go look through /var/log/messages after an
encoding session.

You could also look at encoding into the Ogg Vorbis format (free open
format, much of mp3 uses a codec that isn't free or open).  The encoder is
oggenc.  You'll need libvorbis and vorbis-tools (rpm names)

Hugh

"S. Luke Jones"