wvdial (was: Re: [lug] config modem w/ mandrake7.2)

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Jun 20 00:15:59 MDT 2001

Just a note on modems under Linux...  There are two kinds of Linux modem
users -- those who use wvdial, and those who need to.  ;-)

wvdial is great -- it's an "intelligent dialer" to replace chat.  First
off, it probes your modem to see what it can do, and configures itself
accordingly.  Then you just tell it your login and password, and it dials
up and listens to the remote side, figuring out how to get you logged in.

I'm sure there are some corner cases where it fails, but every connection
I've tried to make with it has worked flawlessly.

I know this doesn't help the problem at hand, but...

Sean
--
 The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own
 reason for existing.  -- Albert Einstein