[lug] various ???s

Faster-Laster jason at fasterlaster.com
Mon Jun 25 13:44:06 MDT 2001

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 02:21:21PM -0600, Paul McKelvey wrote:
> I was brought up as a Macintosh man, so don't know much about PC
> hardware...  Could y'all check these specs below and see if this would
> be a good linux box or not?  any suggestions would be greatly
> appreciated!!!
Just in case you have an i-mac or g(something) laying around. there are
several distros that support mac hardware. In fact a few months ago at
our local lug meeting we got to see an old LC2 with netbsd installed and
running on it. Of course if you are looking for a modern computer for
cheaper the x86 line will be much easier on the wallet.

|Running Windows on an Athlon is like having a brand new Porsche but   |
|only be able to drive backwards with the handbrake on.                |