[lug] Picture manipulation

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Jun 25 20:05:49 MDT 2001

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 04:22:39PM -0600, Terry Branaman wrote:
>sized file, and I want to create a copy with a higher compression rate
>(these are jpeg images). Is there a tool that will do this, preferably in

You want the "cjpeg" and "djpeg" from the "libjpeg" package, and the
"pnmscale" program from "netpbm-progs" package.  They can be used in a
simple script to decompress the jpeg, scale, and then re-compress with
other image settings.  See the respective man pages for more information.

Sean
--
 It would be interesting to be a squirel.  They have the cute outfits...  The
 right kind can fly...  -- Evelyn Mitchell, 1998