[lug] wvdial & ssh start procedure

Rob Mohr robmohr at earthnet.net
Wed Jul 11 20:30:08 MDT 2001

Hola!

I tried vi'g my wvdial.conf to include ssh.  In place of
NEW PPPD = yes I put
NEW SSHD = yes and that did not work.

(I read the man wvdial page a few times and took this hint.)

To start the session on the command line I tried

wvdial ssh as well as wvdial sshd but the only thing that happens is it
connects, and then it scolls up "pppd deamon started (today's date)."

To install ssh I loaded the prerequisites zlib and ssl.  All makes and
installs went in a nominal fashion with no hint of any  keyboard required
configuration.

Also, I tried just using one xterm to start wvdial and another to enter
ssh, enter.

What is the command or configuration that I need to accomplish to engage
the ssh client?

Here is a joke for the water cooler.  Why did the Eskimos wash their
clothes in Tide?  Because it  is too cold out-tide!

Thanks.
eof