[lug] Pointer goes nuts

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Tue Jul 24 15:03:13 MDT 2001

Hello gurus and enthusiasts.  I'm having a strange problem where my mouse pointer will suddenly and unexpectedly jump to the bottom left of the screen and many button clicks are sent (even though I'm not pressing the button) causing my windows and toolbar to freak out uncontrollably.  This behavior will calm down after a second or two, but it repeats if I try to move the mouse again.  The only solution I have found is to Ctrl-Alt-Backspace out of X and restart it.  This fixes it, but it will happen again with a frequency of perhaps twice a day.  Anyone seen similar?

RH 7.1, all relevant updates applied
Micro$oft Intellimouse Explorer (yes, red lights and nifty little thumb buttons) PS2

XFree86 Version 4.0.3 / X Window System
Release Date: 16 March 2001

--

  - John Hernandez - Network Engineer - 303-497-6392 -
 |  National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration   |