[lug] Emacs problem

Tkil tkil at scrye.com
Thu Aug 16 17:00:35 MDT 2001

>>>>> "Steve" == Steve T <maxl at squeep.com> writes:

Steve> I've been having a bit of a problem with Xemacs lately.  It
Steve> revolves, oddly enough, around one of the default keybindings,
Steve> which simply refuses to work - the keybinding in question is
Steve> meta->, which should run end-of-buffer, yet it steadfastily
Steve> refuses to.  In an attempt to remedy that, I added the
Steve> following to my .emacs:

Steve> (define-key global-map '(meta >) 'end-of-buffer)

Steve> Yet alas, that did not help either (although Xemacs interprets
Steve> it just fine).  Anybody have any idea what's going on here?

after you try to press that key sequence (and it fails/succeeds), do
M-x view-lossage.  this will show you what keystrokes xemacs actually
saw.  a common problem is window managers eating certain key events
before they even get to XEmacs.

also, you can do M-x view-bindings to see what's actually attached to
M->.

t.