[lug] qmail alias for forwarding to alternating mboxes

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Oct 3 10:36:00 MDT 2001

Before I try to write something on my own, I thought I'd check for an
existing option.

I need a tool which can be used as a qmail aliases command to forward
incoming messages to one recipient on to a set of multiple recipients.  I
need the messages to be serialized, so that the total incoming messages are
evenly distributed between the mailboxes.  So, for example, messages 1 and
5 go to mailbox 1, messages 2 and 6 go to mailbox 2, messages 3 and 7 got
to mailbox 3, messages 4 and 8 go to mailbox 4, ad infinitum.

Anyone seen anything like this floating around?  I figure there's probably
a perl script out there that does something like it.

BTW - I'm assuming qmail has an aliases option similar to sendmail's
aliases file.  I just haven't checked yet.  Slap me lightly if it doesn't
have such a thing.
--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |  If it's true that we are here to help others,