[lug] PCMCIA Boot Disk Driver

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Oct 8 22:28:52 MDT 2001

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 03:05:07PM -0600, Dan Kuester wrote:
>I get (or make, if necessary) a boot disk to allow me to boot with the
>proper drivers so that I can install over my network?

I don't know, but one thing to consider, if all else fails, is...  They
make these adapters that let you plug in a notebook hard drive to a regular
IDE cable...  Load Linux on another box and move the hard drive back over.
Or, alternatively, copy the data to a partition on the IDE hard drive, and
install directly from there.  The installer has an option for doing that...

I did expactly this when I got my latest laptop.  You see, it didn't come
with a floppy or CD drive.  You have to get this docking-station to get
either one...

Sean
--
 There are things that are so serious that you can only joke about them.
                 -- Heisenberg