[lug] Sendmail Issues

Stephen Smith ss2chef at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 16 08:05:56 MDT 2001

Good Morning folks!

I have two problems with Sendmail I hope you can
help me with.

1. I often see thousands of messages in the queue
that look like messages waiting to be returned
to sender but can't be due to a bad return address.

What is the best way to process this mail right away?
I would like to send it right to the bit bucket if I
can. I have adjusted the queue settings and this does
not seem to make a difference.

2. When I do a manual process of the queue, I see the
following output:

savemail: cannot save rejected email anywhere

What do I do to adjust this?

Thanks folks

Stephen