[lug] PalmPilot StarOffice Schedler Problem

Jeffery D. Collins jcollins at boulder.net
Wed Oct 17 08:19:07 MDT 2001

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 10:37:03PM -0600, Bob Collins wrote:
> I have been able to sync StarOffice Scheduler to my Palmpilot for about
> a year.
>
> Several weeks ago, I accidentally shut my laptop off with out logging
> out.  Fsck ran when I booted up and fixed some problems.  I got an error
> from a kde configuration file which I deleted and things seem to be OK.
> This is the only thing I can think of that may have caused my problem,
> but you know how that goes.
>
> I tried to sync my PalmPilot today.  It timed out.  I went into
> Schedule; Tools; PalmPilot Hotsync Configuration and saw "Place port in
> synchronization readiness" not checked.  I check it and clicked OK.
> This gave me the StarOffice 5.2 error "StarOffice Sync could not find
> the interface given.  Please check the settings."  Port = /dev/pilot &
> Baud = 9600.

It sounds like a serial port problem.

You should find that /dev/pilot is a symbolic link to one of the
serial ports, such as /dev/ttyS0.  Since your modem works, check to
see that /dev/pilot matches that of the modem port.  Check
permissions on the port to ensure your application has rw access.
Occasionally I find that some applications narrow the permissions.

--
Jeffery Collins (http://www.boulder.net/~jcollins)