[lug] PalmPilot StarOffice Schedler Problem

Bob Collins bcollins at fpcc.net
Wed Oct 17 19:19:52 MDT 2001

Crawford Rainwater wrote:

> Bob,
>
> I am looking into doing some Scheduler to
> Palm Pilot synching in the near future.  Do
> you recommend any existing SW out there to
> do such a task?  Just looking for a few
> perspectives, appreciate the two cents.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --- Crawford
> rainwac at att.net

[snip]

Hi Crawford,

I tried jpilot, kpilot and StarOffice Scheduler.  I like Scheduler the
best, but check out the others.  I am sure they have made improvements.

In StarOffice click Start; Help; choose "How to Use StarOffice
Schedule"; click the PalmPilot Integration (last) tab and then move the
cursor to "PalmPilot Integration" in the text area and click it.

This will tell you a bunch of stuff.  I believe the .prc file is only
needed for StarOffice on Windows.  I didn't load it on my PalmPilot.

For some reason you will have to change permissions on /dev/ttyS0 or
what ever port you connect the cradle to.  The Infrared connection
doesn't work as far as I know on any of them.

Good luck.
--
Regards, Bob Collins