[lug] Very odd, not really linux question -- WATT 32, AT&T at home

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Nov 20 12:33:13 MST 2001

On Sun, Nov 18, 2001 at 03:14:57PM -0700, Sean LeBlanc wrote:
>:) Another rebel, I see. Every time I have called AT&T in the over two years I've
>had them, I can't remember a time they *didn't* say to use DHCP, and imply that

The installer I had mentioned them wanting people to use DHCP, but said
that the IP was assigned to me and wouldn't change.  Because the normal
DHCP was failing, I just used the static IP (not knowing about having to
set up that special name).

Sean
--
 Reading computer manuals without the hardware is as frustrating as reading
 sex manuals without the software.  -- Arthur C. Clarke