[lug] Help needed configuring an Epson Photo 890 under SuSE 7.2

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Wed Nov 21 12:36:40 MST 2001

If you have a current version of lpd this isn't a problem, but you'll
find it is accessed at port 515, and is a common port to check for root
exploits on. At least under lpd. So if you use lpd, do not allow remote
access to port 515 except by ip's you know should use it. But that goes
for a lot of ports and services, lpd is just one of the common ones (use
ipchains or iptables).

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com