[lug] Visual Basic, send ASCII command to printer.

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Fri Dec 7 10:24:25 MST 2001

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Marco Hernandez wrote:

> Hi, I am wondering if anybody can help me. I need to send ASCII command to
> the printer to make the printer-roller move up or down, form feed etc.

Posting a Visual Basic question to a Linux list - the shame <grin>.

My first inclination would be to try sending a
<carriage Return> <Line Feed> to move the roller down a line.  A form feed
should get you a form feed.  Not sure about moving the roller back, but
maybe a backspace?  These codes are part of the ASCII character set:

   ftp://dkuug.dk/i18n/WG15-collection/charmaps/ANSI_X3.4-1968
   http://www.jimprice.com/jim-asc.htm

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)

                       ISART 2002
    International Symposium on Advanced Radio Technology
     http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/meetings/art/index.html