[lug] Meeting Place (was: Contact at NCAR)

Chris Riddoch socket at peakpeak.com
Mon Dec 31 20:58:01 MST 2001

Dave Brown <dbrown at scd.ucar.edu> writes:
> I'm at NCAR and I checked on the policies regarding outside
> groups meeting at NCAR. The most relevant are:
>
> 1) only non-profit groups allowed
> 2) $100 per meeting
> 3) group must have an NCAR employee sponsor
> 4) sponsor must attend *all* meetings

This is unfortunate. #2 is the showstopper for me, we've been trying
to avoid making money an issue. I think we should avoid having a
budget to keep track of and to make someone responsible for. That's
certainly more trouble than it's worth.

But thanks for the posts, BLUG hasn't been on the top of my mind in
the last couple weeks, particularly since I'm not near Boulder for the
holidays.  I'm going to have a look through the archives, and try to
follow up on some leads on Wednesday, and I'll be back in town early
next week.

If anyone has ideas that haven't been mentioned, please let me know!

--
Chris Riddoch       | epistemological
socket at peakpeak.com | humility