[lug] 802.11b wireless

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Fri Mar 1 10:20:55 MST 2002

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Nate Duehr wrote:

> Another thought... you might check with your security guys about whether
> or not they find un-announced access point addition to the network a
> "Good Thing(TM)".  Many folks are realizing that with the right tools,
> someone outside the conference room can snoop traffic, break WEP keys,
> yadda yadda yadda.

I understand.  The access point resides outside the firewalls though.

In any case, it doesn't look like a wireless network will happen for this
conference.  I've simply run out of time to put it all together, and the
snow storm today isn't helping.  The DOC labs are closed today.  It is
amazingly quiet here.

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)

                        ISART 2002
    International Symposium on Advanced Radio Technologies
      http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/meetings/art/index.html