[lug] OT: Wiring recommendations?

Elyse Grasso emgrasso at data-raptors.com
Mon Mar 18 10:45:22 MST 2002

I would like to hire someone to do some wiring in my house:

1) replace old non-standard phone wiring with decent stuff, replace wall jacks
2) add phone jacks in a few places that don't have them
3) put home theater speaker wires inside the walls, so I can stop tripping on
them
4) cable the house with cat5e, so I can stop tripping on network cables
5) possibly, reorganize coax connection from satellite dish to TV.

I have no attic or overhead crawl space, but do have an almost full basement
under most of the places where new wiring needs to go (one speaker wire may
be tricky to do without a lot of damage to the drywall). The cat5e can
go all the same places as the phones lines,

Can anyone recommend someone who is good at these kinds of wiring projects in
exisitng structures? I have remodeling money immediately available, and would
like to get the wiring done before I get bids on drywall work, painting, etc.

Thanks

Elyse