[lug] image to pdf?

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Tue Mar 19 11:35:33 MST 2002

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002, D. Stimits wrote:

> how hard is it to embed an image into a LaTeX document? I'd be willing
> to do that just for practice/learning.

It isn't terribly hard, but can be a bit of a pain.  I've stuck a rather
dated piece of LaTeX code for your use below.  It is a kind of minimum
LaTeX document with the image being the sole contents.  Converting it to
use the more modern Graphics package rather than psfig is left as an
excercise <wink>.

You'll need to use the graphics package so that the image doesn't have to
be in postscript form.

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{psfig}           % Update this to use the graphics package
\psfigurepath{./figures}     % Not applicable with the graphics package

\title{}                     % No Title
\date{}                      % No Date
\author{}                    % No Author

\begin{document}             % Document content starts here

\begin{figure}
   \centerline{\psfig{figure=yourimage.ps}}  % Modify to use graphics
\end{figure}

\end{document}               % End of document.