[lug] Key repeat in X

Rob Riggs rob at pangalactic.org
Thu Apr 18 15:15:11 MDT 2002

I stay logged in to X for weeks at a time. I've been logged in to the
same session for over 10 days now. And over long periods of time my key
repeat stops working. It just happened to me for the first time during
this session. The way to correct this (in the short term) is to run
"xset r on", but this is getting quite annoying, especially so since it
appears that the problem becomes more frequent the longer I remain
logged in.

Has anyone run in to this and found a solution? This happens both at
work and at home. I suppose it could be related to an application that I
infrequently run, but I don't know what it would be.

-Rob