[lug] Linux & NT email

neelsmith74 at netscape.net neelsmith74 at netscape.net
Thu Apr 18 20:45:49 MDT 2002

Hi all,

I need help setting up a local city's web mail sys via NT Exchange.  I made the first step in getting the web server converted to Linux-YEA.  However, they will not let me run Linux for email.  I therefore have to get email from my php web applications to route to the Exchange email server.  Is there a way to do this with out setting up Qmail on the Linux server-just pass all the email to MX (of city exchange email server).  I was thinking I could do this in the php.ini file or in the http.conf file.  Or do I need to set up Qmail and relay email through the exchange server (limiting the relay to the web servers IP for security reasons).  ANY IDEAS????

Thanks a million!
Nate NeelSmith