[lug] OT: network gear

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Wed Apr 24 13:24:17 MDT 2002

> I was running my Linksys 8-port with two machines hooked up, each one both
> of it's interfaces...  I was pumping data across both interfaces, and it
> worked great.  I was getting around 8MB/sec each, IIRC.  Later I was
> running RAID-1 with a network block device across one of the interfaces,
> and saw it syncing at 12MB/sec -- that's the fastest transfer rate I've
> ever seen on a 10mbps network...  Most of one side was happening in the
> kernel though...

Sean, have you played with the iSCSI stuff at all?

I keep seeing the startup messages for it when I load machines, and then go
disable it along with everything else I'm not using, but it looks rather
interesting to try.  (One of those, "I'm tempted but I don't have time"
things - ya know?)

This sounds like you might be talking about that...

Nate, nate at natetech.com