[lug] OT: network gear

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Apr 24 22:29:02 MDT 2002

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 01:24:17PM -0600, Nate Duehr wrote:
>Sean, have you played with the iSCSI stuff at all?

No, but there was a demo of it at CLUE one month a while ago.  It seems
pretty interesting...  I couldn't see that it would give me the shared
storage I wanted, unless I used a third box though...  I actually tried it
at one point, but I needed something pretty specific to get the multi-box
RAID going...

>This sounds like you might be talking about that...

Not exactly.  I'm actually using RAID-1 on two partitions, one of which
just happens to be on a remote machine.  Then if one machine fails, the
data is still on the other machine.

Sean
--
 His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like
 underpants in a dryer without Cling Free.