[lug] 1 to 1 data cd copy

j davis davis_compz at hotmail.com
Fri May 31 03:57:19 MDT 2002

Hi,
  Today , like a idiot, i formatted the "my docs" partion of my windoz side
due to win2k install saying former disk C was /dev/hdc1 when its always been
/dev/scda1...anyway I lost my clonecd archive...really sucks , but that and
and U.T. (linux ut is kinda so so)are the only thing keeping windoz
around(thank
you sun staroffice!)So i can give up u.t., but i need another kick ass
1:1 data burning software..and obvisly a good spell check :( . I have played
with dd, readcd, ....i dont need anything more than 1:1 with one scsi cdrw
and one ide cd reader.I would like to keep a archive of cdimages in a
semi-universal format. I have tried a few packages but i have been unable to
make a win2k bootable cd. Please help me to get the windoz monkey off my
back now and forever!!! :) :)This will be the first time I will not have a
FAT* or NTFS partion in my house just good ole EXT2 and 3 babby! Linux is
makeing leaps and bounds!! and so am I :) I will morn win2k a little it was
pretty cool, but i am glad because i feel it will be will be the last cool
windoz os, so I'll already be prepared for a total
XP style M$(stupid ass 600 digit activation numbers *&##*!@)

sorry to rambel,
jd

thanks