[lug] DSL OR CABLE MODEM

Harris, James James_Harris at maxtor.com
Wed Jun 19 09:32:35 MDT 2002

Yes, thanks for the suggestion.  I actually started to address this about
two months ago.  I got Qwest to install a second physical line (specifically
made sure they didn't split it) and started the very looong process of
preparing my server.  (It was a slackware 4.0 install that I've been keeping
up to date for security... But security only... So I had to upgrade to
kernel 2.4 and all that.)  Unfortunately, in the middle of doing that when I
was futzing around with the FS, I hosed it and, of course, as a good admin
would never have, I hadn't a backup of it.  :-)

Long story shorter, I'm pretty much back in a place where I can consider it
and then MHO came into the picture... However, with the way that it sounds,
I think that Multilink is probably the way I'm going to go.