[lug] NVIDIA GeForce2 Go Driver & KRUD (Was Dell Utility Partition)

Hugh Brown hugh at vecna.com
Sat Jul 13 18:57:35 MDT 2002

It sounds like we have similar laptops.

I had to do this:

rpm -ivh kernel-source-<version number of installed kernel>.rpm
cd /usr/src/
ln -s linux-2.4 linux # nvidia wants it

rpm --rebuild  NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-2880.src.rpm
rpm -ivh /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-2880.i386.rpm

for kicks I also do a rebuild of the NVIDIA_GLX src rpm too.

each time I upgrade the kernel, I have to redo the kernel build and
reinstall the NVIDIA_kernel rpm.

If you want a copy of my XF86Config-4, I'd be happy to send it to you
off list.

Hugh