[lug] OT: Wake On Lan

Mr Viggy LittleViggy at alum.manhattan.edu
Tue Aug 27 12:09:04 MDT 2002

Is it actually rebooting, or comming out of "sleep" mode?  My impression
was that WOL would bring a machine out of sleep, but not reboot the
system (unless you told it to).

You should prolly upgrade to WinME.  98 has, well, issues.  I'm running
98 on my "soft router" machine (I have an internal DSL card), and about
once a month or so, it stops all Internet activity.  I have no idea why,
it just does.  Once I reboot the system, all is fine again.  Oh, and
this system is shut off every evening (i.e. it's not running all the time).

Viggy