[lug] DNS resolution woes

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Fri Aug 30 15:44:08 MDT 2002

Despite what DNS admin says, I believe there is an error in the zone
file:  garbage characters, possibly incorrect formatting.  Ahh, I'm
guessing he reversed the (type) "MX" and the (priority) "20" fields in
the record.

The record should look like:

@ IN MX 20 server.mydomain.com.

If you can't get him to fix it, it should be possible to force Qmail to
deliver mail for a particular domain to a hardcoded IP address (ignoring
DNS).  Akin to the mailertable in sendmail.  Anyone know how?

- -John