[lug] rh8.0

j davis davis_compz at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 6 12:44:21 MDT 2002

Hello,
I recentley installed rh8.0...My opion so far....dont like. I cant figure
out
how to make the stupid redhat that used to be my gnome footprint
on my start bar go away. I hate that on my start menu that applications are
referd
to buysome generic name....its not good enugh to get the software for free,
I think redhat needs to leave the desktop alone....it makes me fear that
redhat
will come some propritery p.o.s. if it keeps makeing "redhat" specific
changes...
like choosing a fugly redhat "bluecurve" theme over say one of the nicer
themes that have been in gnome for a long time. I was very excited for the
new redhat
to comeout....but personally I thought rh7.3 was way tighter and had better
desktop
options.....if anything i feel rh8.0 is less configurable and the "new"
icons
are ugly and gnome2 looks like kde now...looks like it might be time to try
out
Suse or Debian. I hope this is redhat last "desktop bid". Or maybe I am
disapointed in the wrong product maybe its just gnome2....also...i dragged
xmms to my desktop...now i have a stupid liitle pencil in a "no" sigh..
like a no smokeing sighn....I am sol glad redhat or gnome put that there..
it does make my slick desktop look like shit, but i am sure that it
means something really important...can someone tell me how to make it go
away?

When will O.S. makers figure out that not all users like
there desktop to look like some XP piece of shit. And not all users
want to spen 2 hours to get the manufatures crappy logos off of everything..
thats why i liked linux...nobody telling me i have to have anything..now i
got have a stupid red fedoria on my start bar...Way to M$ it up rh!

thanks,
jd

jd at taproot.bz           |  "MORE INPUT!"  |
http://www.taproot.bz   |    Johnny 5     |