[lug] libexpat.so.0 error unless Apache started by root user

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Feb 13 04:00:41 MST 2003

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 11:59:47PM -0700, Peter Janett wrote:
>I'm running Red Hat 7.2, php-4.2.3, expat-1.95.4.

I presume that you haven't installed expat as an RPM, since the RPM for
expat included with Red Hat 7.3 installs the libraries in /usr/lib?

The linker isn't configured to find the libraries in /usr/local/lib, it
sounds like.  I'd recommend just installing the RPMs which will put it
in your library path, but you can also modify the ld.so.conf path,
etc...

Sean
--
 You know you're in Canada when:  The weather reports starts with "All
 temperatures are degrees below zero unless otherwise stated."