[lug] Colocation Continued...

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Mar 4 09:28:08 MST 2003

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 07:52:49AM -0800, Eric Peers wrote:
>DNS fails. But if this server goes down, DNS doesn't
>have anything to point at. So it's kind of silly to

You still want your domain to resolve, so that remote mail servers know
you're there and unreachable instead of thinking that they have an
invalid domain and bounce the message, for example...

>Here's your chance to instruct me on general security
>though. ;)  Is there an intrusion kit that works well

The Patriot Act ensures that I can't tell you about it even if I had
said information.  ;-/

>holes and suggests fixes? One of the things I've been
>thinking about is how to discover if someone has
>"hacked" my machine. Most times a good hacker will

You know, one of the best indicators that your machine has been
compromised is network activity logs.  In so many of the cases, they
install software on your machine to attack other machines and then just
wait for it to find other compromisable machines while you're wondering
why your network connectivity is saturated...

Sean
--
 I live my life like I type; Fast with lots of mistakes.
      Back off man. I'm a scientist.   http://HackingSociety.org/