[lug] sendmail from cable/dhcp

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Wed Mar 26 10:48:50 MST 2003

> I'm suspecting that my other problem with colorado.edu is a
> temporary problem caused by attbi dns problems.  So what I
> really want is a simple one-shot way to send that queued mail
> to mail.attbi.com.  Looks like mailertable would work, but
> would require a bunch of config changes, which I would want
> to change back when attbi's DNS starts working again.

It may never "start working again"... they may be doing this on purpose, for
two reasons: 1) less maintenance for them, 2) actually helps with the spam
problem, because of the exact symptoms some mail receivers have that you
described.  I call them symptoms because all of this is part of the
"illness" of no standards for mail SERVER identification and authentication
are in place yet.

Nate Duehr, nate at natetech.com