[lug] Mozilla Mail Questions

George Sexton gsexton at mhsoftware.com
Thu Apr 10 11:35:16 MDT 2003

I guess another question with Mozilla and IMAP is this:

The options for deleting seem to be:

1) Move to trash

If you move to trash, the message is moved to the trash folder, and the
IMAP folder is immediately compacted. This has to create a lot of
overhead on the server if your folders have any size.

If you  mark as deleted, there doesn't seem to be any way to create a
folder view that hides deleted messages. You end up having to compact
folders all of the time.

Is there a way to create a view that hides deleted messages so folder
only have to be compacted occasionally?