[lug] Postfix Timeout Question..

Andrew Diederich diederic at boulder.net
Wed Apr 23 15:47:58 MDT 2003

What does postconf -n look like?  This gives you all the settings that
aren't defaulted (the specified ones).

Various sender/recipient checks query for nameservices, to see who you
are.  Postfix uses the standard system ones, which can be slow.  Some test
lookups on that system may be enlightening.

Finally, always check the postfix logs.  They tend to have goodness in
them.  egrep '(warning|fatal|panic):' is a good quick way to check the
maillog.

--
Andrew Diederich