[lug] The SCO IP License.. where do I click?

Terry Branaman t-branaman at comcast.net
Wed Aug 6 11:09:58 MDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 09:54, Timothy C. Klein wrote:
<snip>
> I would be surprised if SCO sells a single copy.  I would also be
> surprised if this would hold up in court -- even if 20% of the kernel
> were SCO IP, they would not have the right to redistribute the other
> 80%.

> I want a list of anyone that buys this stuff.  Something tells me it
> would be interesting.

As soon as they sell the first copy under this BS license they should be
hit with a barrage of suits for copyright infringement and for not
following the license terms!!!! At about a billion dollars per suit it
wouldn't take long to get everything that they could hope to get from
their actions.

As I see it, the only way that they could avoid copyright and license
infringement would be to rewrite everything; then they could be sued for
trademark infringement if they try to sell it as Linux!

Terry Branaman <t-branaman at comcast.net>