[lug] Rack for colo coop?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Aug 14 18:03:09 MDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 05:09:11PM -0600, B Giles wrote:
>But in case there's a meeting and I'm not there I wanted to toss out one
>colo coop idea - rent a full rack at an existing facility.  That way you
>get the good connectivity, environmental controls, access control, etc.,

One place I'd recommend you look is Cogent.  They have a deal where you
can get a full rack with 100mbps of connectivity for $3k/month.  A great
deal, if you can get 10 to 20 people to commit to putting boxes there
right up front and you all need similar, fairly large amounts of
bandwidth.

Sean
--
 "Ayn Rand books and guns...  You guys take World Domination seriously."
 "It's our job."  -- Conversation with Luke Jones about Rob Riggs place.