[lug] Redhat Enterprise Linux

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Mon Aug 18 15:30:12 MDT 2003

Some folks here are negotiating a support contract for Red Hat's "Enterprise"
releases.  Apparently they have various flavors such as "AS, ES, WS."

I'm trying to get more details about this, but the Red Hat web site seems
unreachable at the moment.  Will Red Hat provide security patches for older
standard releases (such as 7.3) after December?  Are the Enterprise versions
subject to any license restrictions other than those that apply to the
Community distro?  If I want a free OS to last several years on a stable
server, is it time to switch distros?