[lug] raid card

hugh at math.byu.edu hugh at math.byu.edu
Tue Sep 2 14:06:24 MDT 2003

I have an SX4000 promise raid card.  The drivers on the website don't work
with the currently released redhat kernel for rh9.  I found a page that
had some source, compiled it, but that didn't work either.

I am trying to follow the ATA RAID howto and haven't had any luck.

If anyone has any ideas on how to make this work (either the right Append
Line for the boot loader or something else), I'd really appreciate it.

cat /proc/pci (entry for card only)

  Bus  6, device   1, function  0:
    RAID bus controller: PCI device 105a:6621 (Promise Technology, Inc.)
(rev 1).
      IRQ 10.
      Master Capable.  Latency=96.  Min Gnt=6.Max Lat=18.
      I/O at 0x5800 [0x58ff].
      I/O at 0x5400 [0x54ff].
      I/O at 0x5000 [0x50ff].
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xfc600000 [0xfc6fffff].
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xfc500000 [0xfc507fff].

cat /proc/devices
Block devices:
  1 ramdisk
  2 fd
  3 ide0
  9 md
 11 sr
 12 unnamed
 14 unnamed
 22 ide1
 38 unnamed
 39 unnamed

The system boots from a 40gig ide disk on /dev/hda.
hdc and hdd are both cdrom drives.

the raid drives are all 200gig drives and hdb shows up as one of them.  I
don't have an ide2 or ide3.

Hugh