[lug] Incentive for book reviews

Chris Riddoch Christopher.Riddoch at colorado.edu
Mon Sep 8 21:25:16 MDT 2003

Hi, everyone.

I'm going to change the way we do the monthly drawings a little.  If
you've written a book review for BLUG, you'll have the opportunity to
choose from the giveaway books first.  I'll randomly select someone
present who's written a book review, and that person will have first
choice at what's available for the month.  After that, the usual
drawing process continues.

If you want to do a book review for BLUG, it actually doesn't have to
be one you've received from a drawing.  If you review something that's
been published recently (say a year or two) by one of the publishers
who gives us new titles to give away, they'll greatly appreciate it,
and will look on us with more favor (causing Ken and me to have more
to carry to the meetings.)

I believe Ken has a full list of publishers, but off the top of my
head, we get stuff from O'Reilly & Associates, Addison Wesley,
Prentice Hall, APress, New Riders, and various others.

So if you've got a book from BLUG before, before Thursday might be a
good time to review it.

Christopher.Riddoch at colorado.edu
 - epistemological humility -