[lug] 'we have met the enemy, and he is us'

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Fri Oct 17 15:14:29 MDT 2003

John Hernandez wrote:

> Most changes I make are purely for personal adaptation, and rarely are
> they coded well enough to bother checking back into the source tree.

Yeah, I can relate to that statement too.  :-)  Usually cosmetic stuff.
  I usually just sent it upstream anyway though with a disclaimer that
it's probably a worthless hack, and I've never really followed up to see
if anything gets merged, but I guess ya never know... if nothing else a
hack could inspire a better coder to do something neat... no harm in
sending it upstream!

Nate