[lug] ssh-agent under KDE and KNOPPIX

Neal McBurnett neal at bcn.boulder.co.us
Mon Jun 21 16:15:55 MDT 2004

In the meantime, this is one more general way to do
part of what I want.  It only gets to interactive
bash shells, but that is the most typical way that
I start ssh sessions.

in .profile (or .bash_profile):
 ssh-agent | grep -v echo > ~/.ssh-agent-vars

in .bashrc:

if [ -f ~/.ssh-agent-vars ]; then
        . ~/.ssh-agent-vars
fi

And then somewhere like .kde/Autostart, or by hand:
 ssh-add

Re: the latter, I tried just putting a script in my Autostart
directory and it didn't seem to run.  But there is a
.directory file there - perhaps some magic is needed to
update it?

Cheers,
-Neal