[lug] motd

Jason Davis mohadib at openactive.org
Wed Dec 8 18:43:04 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 18:01, Ted Logan wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 17:53:46 -0700, Jason Davis <mohadib at openactive.org> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > The output of uname -a keeps getting written to the first line
> > of /etc/motd. I think this happens when my box gets rebooted ..
>
> Changing EDITMOTD=yes to no in /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh (on my Debian
> unstable box) looks like it'll do the trick.

Thanks Ted

Thanks,
Jason Davis
mohadib at openactive.org
~
Sounds like big trouble. You're going to need plenty of legal advice before this thing is over. As
your attorney, I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top. And you'll need the cocaine. Tape
recorder for special messages. Acapulco shirts. Get the hell out of L.A. for at least 48 hours.