[lug] Pesky Problem

Gary Hodges Gary.Hodges at noaa.gov
Thu Dec 16 15:11:31 MST 2004

Dean Brissinger wrote:

> I suggest SuSE 9.1.  Stay away from 9.2 unless you're adventurous.
> 9.2 has a lot of problems being stable as a workstation and being
> compatible w/ products on previous 9.x releases.

I haven't kept up with the day-to-day messages on the mailing lists I'm
subscribed to and must have missed complaints about 9.2.  I would give
9.0 a "pretty good" rating.  It has crashed on me a handful of times in
the eighteen months or so I've had it installed.  I think SuSE still has
to discontinue the 8.x support before they get to 9.0 so I should be OK
for a while.  I hope so since I don't feel like going through an install
anytime soon.

> Yes, you can fix mozilla on 9.0...  But Suse is about to drop support
> on it like a ton of bricks anyway.  SLES 9 is based on 9.1.  It's
> fairly good stuff.

Any tips/pointers on how to fix Mozilla Mail spellcheck?

Gary