[lug] Perl based Flatfile Wiki Recommendations

Ted Logan ted.logan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 11:18:55 MDT 2005

On 10/3/05, Craig <Talbert at colorado.edu> wrote:
> I need to deploy a wiki on a server that doesn't have (and that I can't
> install on) a DBMS, or Tomcat, or any kind of ASP engine, or a PHP module
> for Apache, or Ruby, or Python, etc.

I've used Apache::MiniWiki, which is designed to be used with
mod_perl; a note in the documentation suggests that it can be used as
a CGI script, but I haven't actually used it as such. Apache::MiniWiki
is written in Perl and uses RCS to store changes on the file system,
which is what attracted me to it in the first place. It's fairly
extensible, which is good because it can be extended, but it doesn't
always strike me as production-quality. (Certian features will choke
on Wiki pages that have spaces or special charcters, since the
filenames are passed, as-is, to Perl's RCS module which stuffs them
onto a command line, which suggests all sorts of pain. This, of
course, implies that I should submit patches to the appropiate people,
but it's always easier to complain. :) )

http://nyetwork.org/wiki/MiniWiki

--
Ted Logan
Finally-employed Engineer