[lug] Bug tracking systems

Chip Atkinson chip at pupman.com
Wed Jan 4 07:46:30 MST 2006

Where I work we use Mantis.  It seems to work pretty well, at least for
our purposes.  I"ve used gnats and remedy before.  Remedy was kind of
annoying in that I felt rather constrained in what I could do.  Of
course, it's supposed to be that way, but still.  It also seems like
overkill.  Gnats was a long time ago, and was ok I guess.  It didn't seem
very sophisticated and probably anyone with php and mysql could do as
well.
Mantis seems pretty good and as far as I can tell, fairly robust.  I don't
know if anyone has customized it here, but I don't think there was much
done if any.

Chip