[lug] Ubuntu desktop problems

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Thu May 4 19:11:08 MDT 2006

On 5/4/06, mohadib <mohadib at openactive.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>  I recently got a Z60m ThinkPad. I am using multimon with a mac 22"
> cinema display. Works pretty good overall. But I have a few issues :\

I'm not familiar with most of these since I run Kubuntu, but the
following questions are always pertinent:

1. What version of Ubuntu? I would recommend 6.06 Beta. My Kubuntu
Dapper (leading up to 6.06) has been rock solid for months, including
on an HP laptop.

2. Are you up to date with maintenance?

3. Anything of interest in /var/log/messages or /var/log/Xorg.n.log, etc.?

--
Collins Richey