[lug] Seeking recommendations on multifunction printer/scanner/etc

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 22:15:57 MDT 2006

On 7/3/06, bof <bof at pcisys.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am seeking recommendations for a multifunction laser printer/scanner
> (with or without fax) that will work under Linux.
>
> Anyone have any experiences that they would pass on?

Here's my response to your croos-post on the CLUE-TECH list.

I have the Epson CX4200 (Printer-Copier-Scanner), and it works
flawlessly on [K]ubuntu - printer and scanner. It's a little slow, but
I think the faster Epson models are well supported as well and some of
them have fax as well. There is a FOSS utility for checking ink status
and performing alignment, but I just lost a system so I've got to
Google for it again. I keep hearing that Epson color inks are the best
in the industry (this will probably start a flame war!).

--
Collins Richey