[lug] Upgrading from FC3 to FC5

Gordon Golding gordongoldin at netscape.net
Wed Aug 16 12:48:35 MDT 2006

I upgraded from FC3 to FC5

When I boot, I get:  Cannot find default them default.xml

Then when I go to log in, the username is grayed out and has ... in it.

The only way to log in is to cancel, then the dialog resets.

When I try to run Openvpn, I get: error loading shared libraries: libssl.so.4

There is a libssl.so.6

Apache won't start - gets same error for:  libdb-4.2.so

Also - I get an error with find:

find / -name libssl*
find: WARNING: Hard link count is wrong for /selinux: this may be a bug in your filesystem driver.  Automatically turning on find's -noleaf option.  Earlier results may have failed to include directories that should have been searched.

Any thoughts on where to start to get things running again?

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.