[lug] RAID installation on Fedora 6 Zod

fred.robinson at sipfusion.com fred.robinson at sipfusion.com
Wed May 9 01:56:21 MDT 2007

I installed Fedora 6 Zod on a standard IDE drive.  During the
installation I used the default Linux partitioning and didn't install
RAID.  I've determined that I need RAID support for disk mirroring.  Do
I need to re-install Fedora and setup the installation as RAID or can I
add a RAID card and install a package for RAID support on the existing
installation?  Of course I'm hoping I can add RAID after the fact and
that do not have re-install, if this be the case what is the name of
the package to install?  Can the package be installed with 'yum'?

Pardon my ignorance, RAID is new territory for me and I'm frankly
uninformed about how it works and I've had no success on the various
Linux/Fedora support boards finding answers.

Kind Regards,
Fred Robinson